Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Rose in December

I bought myself a jar of rose petal jam at Williams-Sonoma recently and I have been dying to create something with it. We had our friends Sheri & Mark over for a little pre-New Year's Eve dinner drink so I used that as an opportunity to experiment. Here is my latest creation.
A Rose in December
Bar spoon of Rose Petal Jam
2 oz Zuidam Genever (if you can't find Zuidam or genever in general then just use a very botanical gin
1/2 oz lemon juice
1 oz Cocchi Americano
2 dashes Fee Brothers Grapefruit bitters
2 dashes Regan's Orange bitters
Innocent Bystander Rose Moscato
Put all ingredients (except for the moscato) in a shaker & stir vigorously to "melt" the jam into the other ingredients. Add ice & shake. Pour into a rocks glass with, ideally, one large cube. Garnish with a flamed lemon peel & top with the rose moscato. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love picking up unusual ingredients even if I don't have a clue what I'm going to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? It's so much fun playing around with something that inspires.

    ReplyDelete