Monday, December 5, 2011

It's Time For a Drink

Anyone who knows me or reads my other blog Midtown Stomp knows that I love cocktails. Not only the drinking of them but more importantly the crafting of them. I love the creative side of it & especially the artisan edge it takes to truly craft a spectacular drink. This new blog will be an exploration of that.
Recently I crafted specialty drinks for Tsunami's Holiday Artist Market. My mindset when creating the drinks was this: Holiday spice. One of the most unique & flavorful spirits on the market today is St Elizabeth's Allspice Dram. I know. Allspice is perfect for the holidays. The first thing I thought of when I tasted it was Christmas. The second thing I thought of was Bourbon. Specifically a Manhattan.
Xmas in Manhattan
2.5 oz Bourbon (either Buffalo Trace or Maker's Mark)
.5 oz St Elizabeth's Allspice Dram
1 oz Sweet Vermouth (either Dolin or Martini & Rossi)
2 dashes homemade Allan Benton Bacon Bitters
2 Dashes Regan's Orange Bitters
Garnish with either a bourbon poached cherry or a clove studded orange peel
To prepare this drink add the ingredients (aside from the garnish) to an ice filled shaker. Shake until chilled. Pour into either a martini coupe or a rocks glass. Flame the orange peel over the glass & drop in. If you garnish with the cherry skewer it first & drop it in the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment