Monday, May 20, 2013

New Cocktail List Alert

I've been busy experimenting with spirits, creating bitters, & designing drinks for a friend's restaurant. I love that she is such a avid supporter of local farms & distilleries. Needless to say it's been fun making drinks for her & getting feedback. Why am I being so vague? Well the list isn't finalized yet so I'd hate to let the cat out of the bag. I'll let her do that. I'm a big fan of gin & whiskey so it's always interesting trying to set my own tastes aside so that the list can be what it needs to be. It needs to appeal to drink lovers but also those that maybe don't understand or seek out the most exotic of cocktails or spirits. There is a sweet spot in which the cocktails as a whole need to be in. There should be something for every type of drinker. While I may be a big gin fan perhaps there are others who aren't. However, the drinks could also be a conversation starter about different spirits. It should be fun & interesting. I am lucky that I get to play with spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment